Monday, July 2, 2012

News!

I have many excuses for not posting for MONTHS, as I mentioned in a post below. Here are a few more:


  • my husband graduated from law school
  • my husband took the bar
  • my husband PASSED THE BAR!
  • my husband GOT A JOB!
  • my husband got a job in a new city! (60 minutes west of Topeka)
  • I had to get a new job!
  • I got an interview...and the next day I had a new job!
  • I had to move out of my classroom!
  • I taught summer school!

Suffice it to say, it's been a busy 2012! I cried a few times during my last week of school. One of my students said a positive part of her day was "getting to spend today with Mrs. Thomason before she leaves." Tears, seriously. Again, SUCH A HARD YEAR, but I REALLY loved them at the end and I was sad to see them go!

So, onto new things! My new school is a BRAND SPANKIN school on Ft. Riley Army Base, and I get to STAY in third grade! We went to see our new school last Thursday, and the excitement was obvious, as teachers ran from room to room taking pictures of their classrooms and everything in between. This was in spite of the fact that the school is NOT complete yet!

Outside of the school, near the main entrance.


In each of the pods, there is a collaboration area. It will have two smartboards.





My classroom! EEEEKKK!! 28 cubbies and coat hooks










Sink area with cabinets





Each classroom has a CLOSET! YES!!!
Only pitfall of the room...not much bulletin board space! The smartboard will go in between the bulletin board and whiteboard.


Gym
Teacher workroom
We are a LEED school (green), so there is lots of natural light!

SPED and coaches room
The art/science room (teachers can use this room when they need to)



No comments:

Post a Comment