Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's Begun!

School has started...I have been going to bed by 9 every night! I'm so exhausted!!!

For the sake of being honest, I think I will have a lot of challenging students this year. Probably 4 or 5 out of my 24 have some form of behavior issue that will keep me on my toes. I do have a lot of sweet kids though...but they ALL sure love to chat!

I'm hoping that in time, students will see that I care and that I'm not going to abandon them. Some of them were removed from their original classrooms last year partway through the year and so they are distrustful of teachers...can't really blame them! I'm trying really hard to be positive and model how to handle situations appropriately. We have had lots of chats about how to treat each other and how to talk to each other nicely...a battle proving an uphill one!

Just have to remember in a few months they will be trained, and life will be a bit more smooth sailing!

2 comments:

  1. What you said in your last lines is so true. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and a wonderful week with your new class next week!
    Kristen
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That sounds a lot like the beginning of my year last year. Keep working at it! I hope that all of the hard work it sounds like you're putting in now will pay off and let you really enjoy your class as the year goes on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete